- This event has passed.
ADA, Animals & Rights, Oh My!
December 10 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$45
How do I know my tenants aren’t trying to pull a fast one over my no-pets policy?
What’s a Service Animal? What’s An Emotional Support Animal? What’s a Therapy Dog?
Enroll in this BRAND NEW CE Class and learn all the in’s and outs of this complicated housing issue.
This four-hour course provides real estate practitioners with an overview of the multiple facets impacting housing providers as it relates to Service Animals, Assistance Animals, the Fair Housing Act (FHAct) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance.
The practitioner is exposed to concepts including:
- comparison and contrasting a pet vs. service animal vs. assistance animal
- history of ADA statute and the intersection with Fair Housing Statues
- requirements of housing providers to Tenants with Service/Assistance animals
- requirements of tenants to housing providers
- insurance issues related to service/assistance animals
- Best Practices to ensure compliance with statutes and ethical considerations.
Bring your brains and be ready to learn, but please leave your Emotional Support crocodiles at home.